District 128 is a public institution which operates multiple websites to serve its community. These websites span services from information, registration, online purchase and online curriculum.
- The information we collect and how we collect it;
- What we do with the information we collect;
- Information sharing and disclosure;
- How you can access and update your information;
- How we protect information;
- Linked sites;
- How to contact us;
- Changes to this policy.
The information we collect and how we collect it.
How we collect and store information depends on the websites you visit, the activities in which you participate and the Services you use. You can use some of the Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, gender, birth year, and information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for one or more of our Services;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Make a purchase;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile applications;
- Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking site (“SNS”); or
- Post user-generated content to any of our websites.
We may also combine information that we collect from you with information we obtain about you from third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as via SNSs, on message boards, chat areas or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
When you use the Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of our sites and services; (c) customize the Services to your preferences. We may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Services. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features. For example, if you provide a zip code that indicates that you live in Libertyville, the Services may be customized with Libertyville-specific information. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Services. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
What we do with the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications via SMS messages or other media or networks;
- To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, or products, and services;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To attribute content that you make available through the Services;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content that you see on the Services;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
Information sharing and disclosure.
We will make your information available to other companies, websites, applications or people in the circumstances described below:
- We may share your information with any agent of District 128 in order to provide the Services or to communicate with you on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We may disclose your information when we believe it appropriate in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, and/or to protect our rights and property.
How you can access and update your information.
To ensure that you have some control over the information we have about you, you may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Services where such information may be updated (may be available on some Services and not others) or by contacting us at "abuse at d128 dot org".
How we protect information.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
How to contact us.
Changes to this policy.
District 128 reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.
To unsubscribe to any of our email newsletters please click on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every email. You can also send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the IT department.