District 128 rapid notification system
Keeping families informed is a top priority at Community High School District 128. That is why the District utilizes the Blackboard Connect Notification Service. Blackboard Connect allows the District to send a telephone or e-mail message to parents, providing important information about school events or emergencies. We use Blackboard Connect to notify parents of school delays or cancellations due to inclement weather, as well as remind you about various events, including report card distribution, open house, and more. In the event of an emergency at school, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be informed immediately by phone.
The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for each student, so please make certain that your student's school has your most current phone numbers. If this information changes during the year, please let us know immediately.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through Blackboard Connect:
- Caller ID will display CHSD 128 for announcements regarding the closing or delayed start of school.
- Caller ID will display the school’s main number when a general announcement is delivered from the school. The District 128 main number will be displayed with general messages delivered from the District Office.
- Caller ID will display 411 if the message is a dire emergency.
- Be sure to say “Hello” when you answer the phone. The technology must hear a voice to deliver.
- Blackboard Connect will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
We are very pleased to incorporate Blackboard Connect as a tool to enhance parent communication, and look forward to having the ability to deliver real-time information to parents at Libertyville and Vernon Hills High Schools.